Thank you for your interest in construction work to be performed by students of the Connecticut Technical High Education and Career System (CTECS).
The application process is now open for the 2018-19 school year.
Please take into consideration that the instructor must have work to keep approximately fifteen (15) students busy and scheduling the work that coincides with their curriculum and schedule.
Therefore we reserve the right to refuse services.
Please read our policy before submitting an application.
The Connecticut Technical High Education and Career System (CTECS) Construction Trades accept outside production work on the basis of instructional value. The activities to be performed must supplement or enhance the curriculum and maintain consistency with instructional objectives.
Production Work must:
- Provide effective skill training for the student.
- Promote work readiness including problem solving, teamwork, and self-management.
- Conform to industry standard.
- Keep 15-18 students educationally engaged.
Please note: We are not a Service Company and cannot accept repair or annual service work!
We reserve the right to refuse services if the production work does not have educational value.
- All Production Work Applications must be completed online and are forwarded to the CTHSS Central Office.
- State of Connecticut/CTHSS assumes no responsibility therefore the customer is required to inform their insurer that student labor is being utilized.
- Prior to performing renovation or demolition work on any building or utility built prior to 1978, the customer must provide an audit for miscellaneous hazardous materials that is performed by an approved and qualified consultant/company. A copy of all documented analytical results must be provided and kept on file.
- All completed applications must include insurance. Deed information will be required if it is a carpentry building project.
- New residential dwellings are expected to be inhabited by the owners for a minimum of five (5) years.
The process includes six (6) steps:
- Application process: Completing the initial application to assure you meet the educational qualifications.
- Job Site visit by the trade Department Head.
- Written estimate of the work to be performed.
- Written contract for work to be completed and starting date scheduled.
- Actual work being done.
- Prospective Customers, please submit requests for one (1) job description and one (1) trade per submission. Your request will not be considered in the event you add multiple requests on the same sheet.
Please proceed to the next page, complete the application and submit for consideration.
I understand that CTECS reserves the right to conduct background checks on applicants and persons related to applicants who may have direct contact with students. To proceed to the application please click "I Agree" that you have read and understand the information listed above.
The application form must be completely filled out including insurance company, Policy # and expiration date – incomplete forms will not be processed.