For School Instructional (Academic) Staff
ALL APPLICATIONS NEED TO BE MAILED, INTEROFFICE MAILED OR HAND DELIVERED BY THE CLOSING DATE AND TIME TO:
Department of Education
Human Resources Recruitment
450 Columbus Blvd
Hartford, CT 06103
How to Apply – Complete an Application Packet
- Complete a State of Connecticut Employment Application – CT-HR-12 (see below for downloadable .pdf version).
- Attach a cover letter (letter of intent) and a resume;
- Attach proof of Connecticut Certification. Persons applying for positions in the academic areas must hold a valid Connecticut certificate for the area in which they are applying at the time of application.
- Include three (3) current pertinent professional references and their contact information.
PLEASE REVIEW THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU SUBMIT ALL OF THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS BY THE CLOSING DATE. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR REVIEW.
- Please do not type in your social security number. You must list the position title you are seeking or the location OR the number that immediately follows the position title, i.e. TESOL Instructor - #12345. Applications submitted without this information will not receive further consideration.
- When applying to a Pool posting, you must list the position you are seeking as well as the location on the position/job title line on the application, i.e. TESOL Instructor at Abbott THS and Bullard-Havens THS. Applications submitted without this information will not receive further consideration.
- Applications will not be accepted if they are not signed or if they are dated longer than 3 months prior to the date of submission.
- Applications will not be accepted for positions that are not posted.
- If you are applying for more than one job, a separate application packet needs to be completed and submitted for each one.
- Application packets must be received by 4:00 p.m. on the closing date to be considered for review. Postmarked dates are not accepted.
- If a position is posted for 7 days and no applications are received, the Bureau of Human Resources may find the need to repost. If this is the case, all interested parties will need to reapply unless otherwise stated in the job posting.
For further information you may contact the Bureau of Human Resources at 860-713-6692 or 860-713-6694.
If you want to download the Adobe Acrobat version and you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you need to save this .pdf file to your computer first, before filling it out.
The Connecticut State Department of Education is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer