We are honored to be part of the Board for the Connecticut Technical High School System. We are a diverse group of leaders from education, health services and industry, as well as the commissioners from the Department of Labor and the Department of Economic and Community Development. We have had an opportunity to visit some of the schools and experience first-hand the talented staff and their commitment to their students, trades and academic achievement.
We have also heard from community leaders and employers about how important the CTHSS is, not only to the students, but also to the community and the economic future of the state. The impact that the system makes on Connecticut’s workforce development, by preparing students with life-long skills, is something to celebrate and also to expand upon.
We encourage all CTHSS stakeholders to visit this page often to access information on future board meetings and activities and encourage your participation. Most of our monthly meetings are held at one of the technical high schools from 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. There is opportunity for public input scheduled at both the beginning and end of the meeting to make it as convenient as possible for you to participate.
We are excited for the opportunity to work with you and look forward to your suggestions and recommendations for making the CTHSS the best technical education system in the nation.
CTHSS BOARD MEMBERSHIP
- Mr. Robert J. Trefry, Chairperson - Former Chief Executive Officer of Bridgeport Hospital
- Mrs. Patricia Keavney-Maruca, Vice Chairperson - Current State Board of Education member
- Ms. Gina Chiarella Schum - Chief Executive Officer Take 2, Inc.
- Dr. Daisy Cocco De Filippis - President Naugatuck Valley Community College
- Ms. Andrea Comer - Vice President Workforce Strategies, CBIA Education & Workforce Partnership
- Ms. Karen Eichstaedt - Retired Vice President of Human Resources United Community and Family Services
- Mr. Peter Hoecklin - President and Chief Executive Officer TRUMPF, Inc.
- Commissioner Scott D. Jackson - Department of Labor
- Commissioner Catherine Smith - Department of Economic and Community Development
- Mr. Fitz Walker - President and Chief Executive Officer Bartron Medical Imaging