The environment is directly impacted by human interaction. The Bio-Science program is specifically designed to observe, test and solve environmental issues that affect our living space. Through project based learning, students study all habitats and plant and animal life that inhabits each.
This multifaceted program connects to all levels of the environment including fresh and wastewater management, plant propagation and greenhouse management, fresh and salt water aquatics, small animal care, forestry and landscape design.
Students enrolled in the CTECS Bio-Science and Environmental Technology program participate in internships as docents for The Mystic Aquarium and Work Based Learning (WBL) for local fresh and wastewater operations.
To learn more about our program offerings, please view our Program of Studies.
• Practice Shop Safety
• Understand career opportunities in the industries Bio-Science and the environment.
• Demonstrate horticulture and landscape skills in the greenhouse and gardens.
• Collect and analyze measurement and sampling in field work.
• Earn competency in performing fresh water and waste water operations.
• Identify topography and land usage in the state.
• Design maps with desired parameters using G.I.S. software.
• Conceptualize, design, construct and maintain and aquaculture system.
• Develop habitat management plans
Stackable Portable Credentials (and grade level earned)
• 30 Hour Mystic Aquarium Docent Training, 11
• 10 Hour OHSA Training, 10
• University of California, Sacramento, Drinking Water Treatment Plant Operator 1, 10
• University of California, Sacramento, Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator 1, 12
• Connecticut DEEP Safe Boating Course, 11
• First Aid Certification, 12
• CPR Certification, 12
• Animal Care Specialist
• Veterinary Assistant
• Greenhouse management
• Forestry Specialist/Wildlife Management
• Landscape Designer
• Environmental Engineers
• Environmental Scientists and Specialists (Including Water Pollution Scientist/Analyst)
• Plant and Systems Operations-Wastewater and water Treatment
• Farming, Fishing and Forestry Occupations-First Line Supervisors
• Environmental Science and Protection Technicians including health
Program Locations in CT
• Grasso Tech, Groton
• A.I. Prince Tech, Hartford