Food Services Offers More Meal Options for Families

November 6, 2020

Home>Food Services Offers More Meal Options for Families

Connecticut’s technical high schools’ have received a waiver that increases meal options for families and students, and allows us more flexibility in the way we serve meals for the remainder of the school year. Here is what you need to know:

1.      Technical high school students who are distance learning no longer need to travel to the school they are enrolled in to get meals. Students can now pick up meals at any of our 17 high school locations. Visit our website for a full list of locations. (excludes Bristol Technical Education Center, CT Aero Tech, and Stratford School for Aviation Maintenance)

2.      Families can now pick up meals for children under 18 that reside in their household, even if those children are not enrolled in a Connecticut technical high school.

Please contact the school you want to pick up meals from for instructions on pick up times.

Persons interested in receiving more information should contact: CTECS Food Service Office at 860-807-2191

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1)  mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;

(2)  fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3)  email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.