The safety of the students in our care is of the utmost importance. While it is impossible to guarantee that dangerous situations will never happen in and around our schools, we take far-reaching preventive measures. Students teachers, parents, school administrators, local law enforcement, and community members have a role to play in creating a safe and secure environment for everyone.
Here are some of the ways that CTECS schools have engaged in safety and security preparedness efforts:
- We collaborate with our first response community, including the local police departments and CT State Police, on school emergency preparedness.
• We work closely with our school resource officers to help keep our school a safe learning environment for our students.
• Our school security system includes video surveillance cameras that cover the interior and exterior of the building.
• All exterior doors are locked each day. Classroom doors are also kept locked.
•The Safety & Security team meets monthly to discuss issues, brainstorm ideas, make recommendations. Staff receive updates via email and at faculty meetings.
• Our school routinely practice safety drills, in accordance with state regulations, and our committed staff practices these with ongoing diligence. Debriefing meetings are held after each drill or incident.
• We utilize a visitor management system that scans visitors IDs. All visitors are required to have an appointment to enter the school and must wear a visitor ID badge.
• It is mandatory that all staff and students wear ID badges daily.