“Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.”
- Winston Churchill
The Connecticut Technical High School System (CTHSS) continues to be a leading force in career and technical education in the State of Connecticut. Our strategic plan, Tomorrow’s Framework, has created a renewed commitment to academic and technical excellence and the opportunity to strengthen our ties with business and industry partners. Our commitment is unwavering: to provide a talented workforce that is responsive to state and industry needs.
It is an honor for us to serve the students, staff, parents and community partners who comprise the CTHSS family. We look forward to your continued confidence and support as we embark on this new transformative phase.
Dr. Nivea L. Torres
Superintendent of Schools
Connecticut Technical High School System
About Dr. Torres
Leadership and District Directives
Awards and Recognition
- Superintendent Wins Latino de Oro Award
- Diversity in the Workforce Discussed at Cheney Tech
- Radio Interview - WNPR's "Where We Live"
- Radio Interview - WNHH's "The Tom Ficklin Show"
- Radio Interview - WTIC's "Mornings with Ray Dunaway"
- Superintendent Receives Award from Stamford Chamber of Commerce
- Superintendent Named Latina Citizen of the Year by Latino and Puerto Rican Affairs Commission